Saturday, May 10, 2008

Waiting Still...



Well… here it is May. I am getting pretty sad over here waiting for a referral. When we turned in our dossier in December, I asked what they thought for a time line for our referral, after checking on some stuff they told me “any time from now until the next few weeks.” I freaked! I was so excited! We started getting ready! Then after referrals came through 3 weeks later they said it would be a little longer, maybe a couple more months. Well, it has been 4 months and no referral insight. Jerry is sure it will be a couple more months. My heart is aching something fierce! I am beside myself with anxiety to go!!!!! We even have our guest room set up as the packing room already! I have been gathering stuff for the trip for months! People ask me almost daily if I have heard anything or if we are leaving yet! Sadly, all I can do lately is shake my head no and walk away as soon as I can or they will start into the “you’d think they would want the kids to find homes faster,” or “why does it take so long?” The thing is, that this is still early in the game… most people have to wait much longer than this. (We have been waiting for our Kimi, from China now for 21 months!) But they said “weeks!” so my brain was ready, and I can’t seem to change it to the new plan! So it could easily be 2 more months. I am sad that we will miss Spring in Kazakhstan. That has been my dream to see Kazakhstan in the spring! Maybe we will have to go back again…

In case none of you know, we are approved for twins in Kazakhstan and twins in China. Either would be great and both would be AWESOME!!! I know, we are a little crazy… It has been a dream of mine to have twins in the family, we shall see!

Alex prays for Anthony daily, as well as our friends’ baby Dylan in Vietnam. Alex happily puts stuff that is too small in Anthony’s bed, that’s where we pile stuff until we decide to clear out his bed and put it away every month. He is so excited and ready for a sibling!


We have many more fears this time around. We have not even put Anthony’s name up on the wall like we did Alex and Kimi’s when we were getting ready for them. I am not sure what I am waiting for though. Although I suppose we could receive a referral for a girl, you never know! We have heard many stories lately of lost referrals and it makes me very nervous! Kazakhstan is getting very busy due to China being a 5 year wait and Guatemala shutting down as well as Vietnam now. I assume that is why our time line stretched… from weeks to months.

Anyways… that is how we are feeling around here! Praying everyday that we will soon know who “Anthony” is to be!

1 comment:

WaitingForDrewBaby said...

Just want to say I know what you are going through. After becoming eligible for the weight on March 20, it seemed almost certain that we would get a referral soonafter. Its now been 8 weeks and the agency can only tell us "any day"..
Here's hoping we get those calls SOON! We are going on 22 mos with China as of May 26..

*Sigh*
Steph