Oh my Goodness! So we have an LOI!!! We cannot believe it! It seems our final process is going a little backwards! Usually you get a referral and then you apply for the LOI, but us... noooooo, we get the LOI before we get a referral! Anyways who cares! We are just excited to know where we are going and that we should be going soon... in the next month or two... probably.
We have been keeping ourselves really busy around here with a new "business" that we started. It really did keep our minds off the wait a lot! We signed up to be a distributer for some very special Pre-Mixed Soil for raised been gardens! "We" is actually our already standing Corporation, J. L. Cook Construction. We were needing to find some more income for this year since our main customer is not building any gas stations this year... We have built a really nice website to sell our new product and of course have display beds here at our shop. We are hoping that this business takes off and can help pay for our upcoming adoptions! Our new Website can be found at http://www.weedfreegardenbed.com/ We are totally crazy about this stuff and can't wait until more of our friends and family can grow gardens in it! Anyways this has really helped pass the time lately. A friend called me today and mentioned that she checked my blog for an updat, but there was only the May Update on there... I had hardly noticed that May was gone! Its June!!!!!!
We have been eating lettuce and spinach out our garden for a couple weeks already. The other day we harvested our first radish, a Chinese Red Meat Radish. Well... that was one hot radish!!!!! oh my word! I am not sure what i am going to do with all the ones I have planted! Our potato plants are getting huge already! They are a foot tall at least! I have never grown potaoes before and the other day Bonnie and I dug some out of my Kitchen Garden to move to the Display garden (i planted too many, too close together) Well... there were already little tiny potaoes on there! They were hot pink in color, red potatoes!!! The were lovely and the most amazing vegetable i have ever grown in my garden! We were quite excited! It was very neat! In our new garden soil, we will be able to reach down under the plant and pull out a couple potatoes and let the plant keep producing! We are going to have a lot of potatoes!!! I was trying to find a place where I can get sweet potatoes to grow, since that is what babies seem to like most (I am guessing baby Anthony will be no different!), but I have not had any success on that one... I will keep looking.
We will definately share some of our produce on here as it ripens!
4 comments:
Congratulations!! It is so exciting to finally have the LOI. I have been checking your blog about once a week and was excited for you when I saw this post tonight.
Congrats! So glad things are moving along. Can't wait to hear more!!!
WOW! That's great news. You have to love this process - nothing . . . nothing . . . NOTHING . . . LOI! Now where's that referral?
The garden sounds great too! I have been trying to get one going, but now it will probably be next year.
Congratulations on the LOI! Woo hoo! I'm amazed at how this is all happening!
I'll have to look into that soil. It's too late for this year as I've already done all my planting and mulching, but it's never too early to start planning for the next year!
Post a Comment