So we got up at about 6 and there was no hot water yet, so… no shower… But we were ready to go on time. Olga, Olga and Misha came along with the other driver… I can’t remember his name. With the paintings, there was no way we would get all the luggage in one car!
We gave them their gifts. We gave Misha a rubicks cube and mechanix gloves that are Jerry’s favorite! I hope he likes them! We put some other little things in there as well, like jerry’s favorite pens and some chapstick and a little shamy for cleaning your sunglasses or rear view mirror or whatever. Olga our translator, we gave 2 wide headbands, some mascara, the favorite pens and some chapstick. Olga our coordinator, the pens again, a eye make-up kit from Maybelline or something, a necklace, and chapstick. They all seem so inadequate for the great job they have done! But I guess it is their job. They are just good at their jobs, what can I say! Plus they are friends! I hope they are still there, next time we come back… They are all hoping we come back for a girl now… :)
So we headed off to the airport! Olga checked us in, checked our luggage in and everything… they decided that we needed to carry the paintings on… As I was sitting there waiting with Olga our interpreter… I think I suddenly realized that we were leave “home” with no idea when and if we will return in the future! It made me very sad! I almost started bawling right there with Olga sitting next to me! Alex was running round looking out the windows and going up and down the stairs! Anthony was hanging out in the bjorn on me and Jerry was supervising Alex! :) Finally it was time to go… we had to go through the gate and security. We had to say goodbye. That was hard! I was trying sooo hard not to cry! We all hugged and Alex hugged and kissed everyone! Then we handed them our passports and boarding passes, they waved us through and we left… headed down the steps to the security check. It was the easiest security check ever… we put our bags through… no strollers or anything fancy… except the paintings which a lady took Jerry upstairs to run through the larger machine… and then he was back and we were shuttled out to the plane… we got on… and the ladies inside had a place for jerry to put the paintings and we were ready to go!! Anthony fell asleep before we left the ground… he slept probably 30 minutes and then I woke up trying to help Alex with something… we have to remember to put Alex in the middle of us in the next flights… Our flight was pretty much perfect this time, even with 2 kids! Jerry walked Anthony around while Alex and I ate and we mixed Anthony’s bottle… then I fed Anthony while Jerry ate… it worked pretty good… we were starving… we hadn’t eaten at the apartment… we were all too tired! Well… Anthony had eaten of course! But he still thought he was going to die if we didn’t feed him right away!!!! Goodness! Anyways it was a good flight and I hope that the rest will be as good… I have decided that it will be a dilemma if we get bulk head seating, which we are hoping for, but Anthony doesn’t like to lay down you know… to go to sleep… he usually screams his head off… we are hoping though that he will be different at least for our flights home… haha!
While on the flight we met another couple that adopted a baby from Babyhouse 1. Oh my goodness! That baby was soooo cute!!! He had spiky hair like Alex, very Asian eyes, especially when he smiled and huge Kazakh cheeks!!! Oh! He was beautiful! When we got off the flight we met a mom… she was meeting her hubby in Almaty… He had gone home after court and she had stayed with the baby! (not in Uralsk) She had been in country 8 weeks! They were with WPA, too. Their baby is so precious! He has light colored hair, but he still has huge Kazakh cheeks. So cute! Chubby legs! Adorable and cuddly looking!
Our driver this time is Sasha. Sasha is short for Alexander in Russian! We thought that was funny. Apparently there are a lot of names that are short for Alexander! Like Shurig… that is what Misha was calling Alex all the time… Alex would quite often say “I’m Alex!” It was their joke!
Sasha seems cool. He has an SUV which we were glad for with all our luggage… but what makes him cool is that is likes rafting… as in whitewater! Of course Jerry had to tell him about the Baja 1000…
On the way we met Janara, from the “Sister’s” office… she needed our passports and Anthony’s birth cert as well as another packet of info that Olga gave us. We laughed because we stopped by the side of the rode and she walked across the street and got it from us… she must live nearby! So Sasha took us to our apartment… it was a different one that any of the others we had stayed in already. It was on the 3rd floor… not bad… but… it had NO AC! Which as you know we had been very used to in Uralsk! And today was really really hot!!! Oh my! So we were all exhausted and decided to take naps… We found an infant bassinet for Anthony and there was a crib sort of thing for Alex. So I laid down on the couch with Anthony in the bassinet by me and Jerry put Alex in the crib I the bed room… we had every window in the place open and sometimes a breeze would blow through, but most of the time it was stifling hot! We all finally fell asleep… it took awhile since we were all so hot! When I woke up I was sweating in my sleep!!!! I have never been so hot while I slept before!!! Good grief! Anthony did a bunch of screaming throughout the afternoon and evening… and we decided that we needed to get out and have dinner… We did not realize how late it was! Ha! We actually ended up walking forever to the Thai restaurant… Jerry was craving that pretty badly! The food of course was awesome and cost about $85! But we didn’t care… even the Chinese restaurant in Uralsk was gone… we wanted some Asian food! The kids did pretty good in there… they no longer had a high chair though… we were hoping to set Anthony in it and give him some puffs to mess with… he still hasn’t figured out how to get them to his mouth for some reason… Well the walk home seemed much shorter… we came across the cutest little tiny kitty… it we had been at home I would have brought it home… it purred like crazy when we stopped to give it some attention! We had to leave it behind though. We got home at about 11 at night!! When we got home we all went to bed… Anthony didn’t scream too long either… as long as I was holding onto his little hand from my bed! He is a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment