Day 3! I can’t even believe we are on day 3 already!
Last night Jerry was up almost all night… let’s just say he must have eaten something that did NOT agree with him!! Goodness! The only thing we can think of are some raspberries that we bought off a little grandma yesterday… but Alex ate more than Jerry did… of course Alex “tossed his cookies” later in the evening… and nothing from him since… who knows! I am fine! We travel a lot, too so we were surprised by this attack! Jerry is feeling much better tonight, but has been in bed since about 5! It’s currently about 9:30pm!
At about 5 this morning we had a huge thunderstorm! And then it rained until probably 10:30! So it was wet and cloudy and COOL outside!!! I liked the cool part! We were both very tired this morning when we got up, so none of us showered, we just went to the babyhouse! So there might not be many pictures of us! :)
We went inside this morning… it was still so hot in the room! we were sweating! We opened the window when we first came in but had to shut the door so there wasn’t a “draft.” They seem to believe that a wind will make a baby sick… Anyways… we played some, but Anthony just wanted me to hold him today, although he is hard to hold because he is so stiff and wiggles a lot like he is uncomfortable. But I figured out how to hold him still… I put him up to my shoulder so he looks behind me and I hold my head down against his, then I just pat him or move constantly… (sound familiar, Heather?) The moving doesn’t have to be too much, but just move, so I rock side to side or pat him on the bahoney. He just holds on and looks around… sometimes he sounds like he is trying to suck on my shirt… He wants to suck a lot! Poor guy! Everytime I would put him down so he could graba toy or what ever… he would immediately turn around and look for me! That felt so nice! This tiny little baby, doesn’t even know me and he wants ME!! He would put his hands out to me… he just wanted me to hold him! That was great. And since Jerry wasn’t feeling too great, he didn’t argue. He watched and rested. Playing a little and taking video of Anthony pulling himself across the floor at record speed! So cute! I put him on the other side of the sheet and then laid down in front of him and coaxed him to come to me… no problem! He came right up to my face and snuggled into my neck! Rubbing his little eyes and nose! He was quite tired this morning! I wish I know what was going on in his room! Maybe we are there at his naptime… not sure. Soon I will send the book in with all the questions! Then I will know a ton more! Remember the little truck that Alex got out while we were waiting to meet Anthony? Well.. they have several of them in there, so Alex got out 2 of them today and said one was for Anthony and the other for him! It was very precious, to see him thinking of Anthony! That was neat! So we put Anthony on it… he can’t sit up and can hardly hold his head up when we sit him up, but he grabbed onto that steering wheel and held on! There was a little horn on it too, so I honked that and then he tried to honk it, but can’t hold himself up so it didn’t work too well. We sang more patty cake, and he tries to clap! He opens his hands today to clap! Yeah!!! He is still very stiff in his arms… his legs are already a lot better! Those crazy arms though… Alex had the same issues! Anthony just clamps his hands together though and holds them there, it is hard to actually get them apart! I am afraid I am going to hurt him trying to separate his hands sometimes! But I do see some difference already, so we will keep plugging away on that! Today he started trying to jump up and down when I tried to stand him up! I think he was trying to imitate what we did the other day, when we lifted him up, because he was smiling and almost laughing… a little noise coming out. But he is so totally quiet otherwise, other than his loud breathing! I can’t wait to get him off of the dairy and see if that is what makes him breath like that! Oh! Back to the truck that you sit on… it is a “4WD” little truck… fitting, huh? When I took him off, and laid him on the floor he pulled himself back over there so fast I was surprised, and when he got there he kept pulling to it! He had his little face smashed against the wheel trying to get back on it! It was funny! We just had to put him back on it for a little longer! Sweet little baby! If he is still enjoying jumping, when we get home I think I am going to buy one of those jumper things that you hang in the doorway? I think he would really like that! We didn’t really do much else in there this morning, he was pretty clingy and the time goes so fast! He loves being kissed on… we saw his dimples even more today! Alex played outside for a bit and then came in with his bahoney all dirty, I assume he went down the slide or something, so I made him take off his shorts and run around the play-room in his undies the rest of the meeting! He really is very nice and gentle with Anthony so far! He gave him a big smooch on the upper lip before we sent Anthony back, I have to get a picture of that soon, it is so precious, I can hardly believe it! More on Anthony’s sucking desires… he is trying to suck on everything today! His hands, thumb, finger, my shirt and my finger! I was really scared to let my finger anywhere near his mouth after Alex – the biter! But I wanted to check out his gums and feel for teeth! He clamped down and sucked so hard on my finger, I thought I wouldn’t be able to get it out! Ha! He let go though as soon as he realized there was no food coming out! It probably tasted like wipes too, since I had had those out earlier for Alex’s nose! Yucky! Anthony did not bite at all! He just was hungry I think after all it was almost noon!!
We came straight home and Jerry and Alex went to bed! Olga(t) said if we wanted we could visit Anthony an hour later today since it was the weekend and things are more relaxed there on the weekend… that way Alex could get in a longer nap! That was wonderful, she also gave me a little bottle of hydrogen peroxide and said the doctor said that would help Alex’s nose bleed when is starts again. Just use a q-tip and put some peroxide up in his nostril… interesting. We might just have to try it! She brought Alex some sour cherries today! WOW they are sour!!! Goodness! Alex doesn’t seem to care so much though! He ate a bunch of them for lunch! Yesterday she brought him apricots from her trees. I did not eat one, but Alex sure enjoyed them! Apparently she has a “summer home” it is nothing more than a little “house” without running water or anything fancy… all the old furniture and stuff goes there and they have a little land, this is where they grow as much as they can in the summer months. They don’t really stay there most of the time… I think they just go there to grow stuff and take care of a garden and fruit trees. Her place is on a river bank so they swim in it some. I think the whole concept is neat, really. But then this is garden maniac talking over here! I am not sure about the no electricity and running water part, but I like the gardening part!
So we left for the BH at 2:45 today instead of 1:45, we waited for Anthony to come out… we went outside this afternoon, it was much more comfortable out there! Alex went off to play with Olga and the little girl of the other visiting family! I think they were playing in the sand! He came to “visit” us every once in a while. Anthony just wanted to be held again! Woohoo! We brought the stacking cups today, but those are not that interesting to him yet… what was of interest is the teether that we bought at Walmart for Alex that vibrates when you bite down on it! Oh my! He loves that thing! We spent a lot of time holding it in his mouth and because he can’t quite figure out how to bite down hard enough, we pinch it for him so it vibrates and he just sits there perfectly still, drooling! Poor kid! Those crazy teeth!
Alex is finally warming up to Misha! I don’t know why it is taking so long… usually he is all over the guys! Especially if they are willing to play with him! But today he finally wanted to play with Misha! So later when he was rude again to Misha and I scolded him, Misha had walked away, Alex went running after him and grabbed his hand! I don’t know what has gotten into him! Misha even tickles him and chases him, which usually makes you Alex’s best friend, who knows! It really is annoying and embarrassing though. Alex really is a nice and very friendly kid!
We came home and Jerry checked email, Alex watched a couple veggie-tales, I took a small nap. Then Alex and I ate some noodles and jerry went to bed… that is it! Now they are both sleeping and I am still typing, I also want to finish Anthony’s book for the caregivers and doctors to write in. I might just go to bed!
3 comments:
Just wanted you to know I am following along on this journey too!! Love, love, love the pictures!!!
Hello! I had no idea you had gone to get Anthony! Just found out after coming up to Michigan. Sounds like a good time again. Can't wait to meet him. Talk to you soon. Wendy
I hope the boys are feeling better!
Your comments about Anthony remind me so much of our bonding time with Gigi. She was constantly squirming and always on the go. She HAD to be moving. And since she couldn't yet move, that means WE had to be the ones moving. I praised God the day that girl finally started walking!! :-)
That is so wonderful he lifts his arms to you and cuddles with you. Smart boy! :-)
Post a Comment