Saturday, July 19, 2008

Undies and Mad Anthony!! (day 10)

When we got there this morning, there was the most precious site coming around the side of the babyhouse! When the little munchkins got outside, their caregivers usually strip them down to their undies… well… Jerry was able to get a shot of them! I don’t usually post pictures of the other kids, but since this is very private, I couldn’t resist! It was so adorable! I just want to snatch them up and love on them! They need mommies and daddies! So I will post this picture with the others!

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Today Anthony actually screamed! He was kind of fussy anyways this morning… he did not really want to do his exercises to help him sit up! So he was resisting that and fussin’ a little, well… then it happened! He fell over so fast I don’t even know how it happened, but I saw him just thunk his little head on the floor… and since we are only on a sheet, there isn’t any padding there from the wood! I am sure it hurt a little, but mostly I think it made him mad! Remember Alex… he never even peeped when he got hurt!
Yeah, well this kid is different! He just let out girly blood curdling screams! I was shocked. Of course he didn’t start screaming until I picked him up and was snuggling him… but he just kept going, he would not be soothed! Then he would take another breath and scream again! Oh brother! Of course if you have done this before that is the first rule while you are bonding… you never let them cry or caregivers will be coming to see what you did wrong! So i was doing everything I could to distract him, but it didn’t really work…. He just was mad! He only had a couple tears too, but this disaster lasted probably 5 minutes! Seemed like an eternity!!! It was awful… and our instinct is to put him down and let him scream until he feels better, but here while we are visiting, we can’t do that! We have to appease him! The rest of the visit was disastrous! He knows already that all he has to do it threaten to scream and he will get what he wants… sort of… it is usually not when he wants something but rather when he doesn’t want something… like he is tired of the ball sitting a certain way or whatever… he just starts squawking! Oh boy! He is going to be surprised when he comes home! Haha! He’ll be fine! We were actually glad to send him back to the caregivers so he could go to bed this morning!!! :)

When we got there this morning and set up our play area Jerry set up the tripod and put the camera on it… Alex was right at it! He looked so cute bending down to look through the viewfinder… we showed him how to wake a picture by pushing down the button part way to focus it and then pushing it the rest of the way to take the picture! Sadly, he took about 20 of them and they were all bad… it was on the wrong setting! Anyways, we took video of it, but since he had the camera, we have no pictures of it! J When we get home we will try it again, and use Jerry’s camera to photograph our budding photographer!

I remember when Alex figured out that if he “cried” we responded… Alex would do it just to see what we would do, he would faker cry (one cry) and then stop and look at us. After the 3rd time… Jerry and I just thought it was hilarious and would laugh at him… He kept trying it for a few days, but soon stopped it… today Alex still does the same stuff… he tests us over and over and over! It is so critical that we are consistent… Alex has even started begging “please!” when he wants something when we say no… Its going to be fun around here in another week or so! Ha!

We just came home today… it was SOOOOOO hot outside that even the breeze was like it was coming from the hot hair dryer! Just sitting there playing/holding Anthony, I had sweat rolling down my back! Yuck!!!! It was the same this afternoon even with more of a breeze! Ugh! We were soooo very happy to come home to our AC unit! We made pierogis for lunch with spaghetti sauce. Then we had a few M&Ms! Yesterday we bought a little bag of them at the market yesterday. They are so funny! They taste the same but they are fatter… more the shape of a skittle! It’s so funny to see the packages in Russian! We mostly rested… I read a few Bible stories to Alex and then he watched a Veggie-tale on forgiveness and being kind to one another. The next thing we knew it was time to go again!

When we got to the babyhouse there was another couple just leaving. They are from Ontario Canada! I forgot their names, but we will see them again tomorrow and we will chat some more. They are visiting a baby boy and have a daughter from Petro already! So that is neat! This was day 3 for them.
Anthony was in a much better mood this afternoon. He still tried to be fussy a few times but we decided that we would just say “No!” and take him away from the situation so he couldn’t fuss at it anymore! We had to do it about 3 times I think! Little squirt! We made him sit some more… we prop him in front of one of us, between our legs and give him some toys. That way he can’t really fall over again. he can wobble though, but he tries to stay up so he can play. Alex fell again, shocker! He scraped his knee today! He was fine, but he needed some attention! Soon he was off running and playing again! he went for a walk with Olga and Misha to the “chocolate” store… he brought us a drink! :) We tried the baby puffs again today… he loves them but every time we put one in him mouth he gets a horrible look on his face, like he is going to cry… but soon he has his little bird mouth open again and he is leaning forward for another one! We have been singing songs and making Anthony move to the songs a bunch lately… he is still so stiff, but I think he is starting to loosen up. If he’s not mad us for making him do things he doesn’t want to!! Ha! It has been so hot out that we take Anthony’s pants and socks off. So he goes around in his onsie! It’s so cute! He has such little legs! At least they seem little to us! He will probably be monster size next to Dylan though, when we get home! Today when Anthony went back in, Olga said we did not need to put his pants back on, so off he went, little legs sticking out!

We came home, and it took us quite a while to cool off! Alex took a nap. At about 6:30 we went to dinner at the Dixie Pub in the atrium. It was really good! We ordered Pesto and a Burrito without the beef. It was very tasty! Different than what we have at home, but very good! They also have Crust Rings of Squid!!!! *shutter* sounds gross to me… but somebody must like it. :) They now have a menu in English, hilarious English, but English! That was nice! We will probably go back!

We think Luba might come over tonight… not sure!

For those who might be interested… I have now taken over 20,000 photos with my camera that I have had for 4 years! Last time we were in Kaz I took over 4000 pictures on the trip, this time I suspect it will be slightly less, since we probably will not go to the museum and take all the pictures there that we took, or take all those pictures at the layover in Atrau, when we thought we were in Uralsk, because we didn’t understand the people over the intercom on the plane… We will see! :) So far I have taken just over a thousand pictures… we are just about on target! Hee hee hee. Although this time I have 2 cute little boys to photograph!

More tomorrow!

No comments: